Early morning and evening appointments are certainly possible.
Fees are set within the guidelines of the Ontario Psychological Association. Please contact me directly for more information.
Payment is due at the end of each session by cash or personal cheque. Full fees will be charged for missed sessions without a minimum of 24 hours notice.
Psychological services are not covered by OHIP although they may be covered by your extended health insurance plan.
Clients will be charged for a full session for cancellations made without 24 hours notice. Under certain extenuating circumstances (e.g., medical illness, family emergency, dangerous weather conditions, etc.), fees for missed or cancelled sessions may be waived. These situations are handled on a case by case basis. Clients are encouraged to contact me for further clarification if needed.
- When there is risk of physically harming yourself or someone else.
- If you disclose any known or suspected child abuse to me.
- If you disclose to me any knowledge of a regulated healthcare professional that has sexually abused a client.
- To comply with a court order to release information from a record.
- To comply with professional regulations established by the College of Psychologists of Ontario, who may inspect records and interview staff as a part of their regulatory activities (i.e., quality assurance) in the public interest.
Appointments for therapy are generally 50 minutes although some elements of treatment may require longer sessions.
The first appointment is typically designated as an assessment and is your opportunity to share what you are hoping to achieve. It is also a good time for you to have any questions or concerns answered. I will attempt to learn as much as possible about you and about the difficulty for which you are seeking help. This will be done through a series of questions and forms. In some cases, the assessment might extend to more than one session. The goal of the assessment is to determine:
- The nature of the problem.
- The strategies that might be helpful.
- Whether your needs and my style of therapy are a good fit.